Three Identical Strangers

A lot of readers have said their favorite movie of the year is THREE IDENTICAL STRANGERS and I would be hard-pressed to disagree. It’s a documentary that features one bombshell after another and ultimately is a very weird and tragic story.

Without giving anything away, it’s the story of three identical triplets who were separated at birth and unaware of their brothers. And then in their early twenties they happened to stumble upon each other. How they did was interesting, but the story really takes off from there. I absolutely recommend this film.

It was especially poignant for me.

Because I had met them.

When they all found each other it became a big feel-good story. They made the rounds on TV talk shows and became minor celebrities. We had them on CHEERS. We used them in a teaser.

I had forgotten until watching the film when suddenly it hit me -- "Oh shit!  I KNOW these guys!"

They were nice happy-go-lucky trio really enjoying their fifteen minutes of fame.

Who knew the ultimate bizarre backstory?  

Needless to say, watching the film, my heart really ached for them. The movie is worth seeing. And I’m starting to think maybe it is my movie of the year.

from By Ken Levine

Comments