It's the little things... really little things

Are there little things that annoy you that even as you’re annoyed you’re mad at yourself for being annoyed at something so trivial and yet you are? I’m guessing we all have some of these. Yes, even you.

Here are some of mine. Feel free to share yours.

When I go to a news website, every time I click on a page a video with a commercial loads and I have to pause it.

Waiters saying “perfect” after everything I say.

Pay stations. No two in the world are alike. I’m always putting my credit card in wrong. Always.

At movie theater concession stands – salt shakers instead of little packs of salt. What if I want to add salt to my popcorn after it’s half-eaten? Then what???

Motorized scooters blocking sidewalks.

People posting the same thing fifteen times on Facebook.

Flo from Progressive Insurance.

The internet radio station I’m listening to stops and has to rebuffer. I’m telling you, this is what causes serial killers.

My health app not giving me proper credit for number of steps. If Steve Jobs were still alive this would not happen.

Idiots who still don’t know how TSA lines work.

Restaurants changing their menus – it’s never for the good.  And the prices are never cheaper.

The credit card feature on the gas pump doesn’t work and I have to walk all twenty steps to the office to pay.

Sped up sitcoms on cable networks and indie channels. The SEINFELD cast becomes the Chipmunks.

They no longer make chocolate Necco Wafers.

Automatic faucets in public restrooms. Half the time they don’t work, or I’m moving my hands up and down trying to trip the sensor. How do human beings live like this?

Not being able to submit a play to a festival because I don’t live in Kentucky.

Credits popping on and off the screen too quickly.

Paper straws. I’m sorry – they break, they get soggy. Straws are not what’s going to destroy this planet. (Watch: I get a thousand irate comments from people saying I have no regard for the environment.)

People who say I have no regard for the environment.

Going to a website to get their phone number and it’s not listed, even on the “Contact Us” page.

And finally, (saving the most infuriating for last) when I pay by credit card and they return the slip, the customer copy is on top. So I fill it out then have to fill it out again. I know – seek therapy.

from By Ken Levine

Comments