There is some justice in the world (not much but I'll take what we can get)

This is a follow-up to a blog post from March.  Remember that "Neil Simon Festival" theatre in Cedar City that had the unmitigated gall to charge $150 submission fees to all struggling playwrights entering their festival?  The Heritage Theatre.   I wrote about it here.

In short, I said FUCK YOU a lot and called them greedy bastards.  It was one of my more eloquent rants.

At one point I said this:

This festival has been going for about ten year, but this new insulting submission fee is new. Gee, I wonder whether they would have done it while Neil Simon was still alive. I’m guessing no because I’m also guessing that Neil Simon’s response to this would be…
FUCK YOU.


Well, it turns out I was right.

The Neil Simon estate has pulled his name from the Festival and even forbid the theatre from doing any of his plays.   And the reason is the unconscionable $150 fee.

You can read that article here.

At a time where we are being screwed left and right by greedy corporations and government officials who only are looking out for their own self-interests and could give a shit about ours, at least there's this one tiny almost microscopic bit of good news.  

Oh, and if losing their affiliation with Neil Simon wasn't enough to send the Heritage Theatre reeling, I won't let them do any of my plays either.   Let's see if they survive now.  

from By Ken Levine

Comments