OK BOOMER

Wow. That expression took off fast. Can an expression go viral?

OK BOOMER is the new way Millennials brush off Baby Boomers for having outdated ideas, archaic solutions, old school thinking, or just breathing.

It’s the new “whatever.”

We're old fashioned.  Irrelevant.  Over the hill (which is an old fashion expression so maybe they're right).  

Some of my contemporaries take offense at this. Personally, I find it amusing.

I think that comes from being glad I’m a boomer and glad I grew up in the era I did, and especially glad to be in the TV industry back then as opposed to now. Our shows were seen by millions and we were paid accordingly. I loved our music growing up, times weren’t nearly as dangerous (except in cities), bullying was confined to the schoolyard not the world through social media, and we had the sexual revolution.  The sexual revolution alone is enough for a mic drop. 

So if a Millennial wants to take a shot at me because I’m not tech savvy, still watch television on a television, and think "load management" in the NBA is totally bullshit, this BOOMER is OK.

from By Ken Levine

Comments