Self-Quarantine Musings...

Don’t you find the highlight of your week is when food deliveries arrive?

I never remember how many days the virus stays on cardboard vs. plastic. I just wipe everything. 

When you order from Instacart, if the market is out of the item you ordered they ask if it’s okay to substitute something very similar. We said yes. Instead of Grape Nuts cereal they gave us Coco Puffs.

God forbid an appliance breaks down.

Maybe it’s my generation, but when I order from Postmates on my phone and it actually arrives I’m amazed.

Same when I link into a Zoom meeting. Magic.

I happily over-tip delivery people, but if a Postmates guy doesn’t wear a mask and gloves his tip goes way down.

There are restaurants in LA that now won’t use delivery services that don’t strictly adhere to masks and gloves. I love the Apple Pan but not enough to risk ICU.

You know who really loves this lockdown?  Your pets.  Your home all the time now. 

I see people walking on my block I’ve never seen before.

When you take your walk don’t you find yourself resenting any other person you see approaching? Are you going to have to now cross the street or will they? I find that 90% of the time it’s me.

For variety I now sit in different chairs around the dinner table.

Like Maggie Smith said in DOWNTON ABBEY: “What is a weekend?”

Don't post your senior photos on Facebook.  You're giving potential hackers information you don't want to share, and for the graduating class of 2020 that is being denied their fun activities, your pictures are just rubbing it in.  

I spend a lot more time listening to Richbroradio.com. Hearing music from an earlier, happier era is very soothing and comforting.

Oh no! Tonight is the season finale of BETTER CALL SAUL.

You know what's harder to get than toilet paper?  Hebrew National Salamis.

I sometimes now will skip a day showering.

But every day I still brush my teeth and wear pants.  

There is a Zoom feature where you can improve your video quality. I click on it and look no better. I guess there’s only so much technology can do.

How many of you are listening to my podcast during your walks? And if not – hint hint.

You’d think the networks would be thrilled that they now have a captive audience. And yes, ratings have risen, but they’ve lost a ton in advertising. And if inflated numbers don’t translate to advertising dollars they’re essentially worthless.

I'm starting to lose interest in KILLING EVE. And speaking of things I'm tired of watching...

Why do reputable news organizations even bother to broadcast Trump’s daily slew of lies and misinformation?  People are dying as a result.

Note to Trump spokesperson/cretin, Kellyanne Conway: The reason the White House wasn’t informed of COVID until COVID19 (as if they were numbered and there were 18 previous COVIDS) is because the 19 stands for 2019. The level of ignorance and incompetence is just staggering. Good luck to the idiots who follow their advice instead of doctors’, scientists, and intelligent human beings.

Half the people I know are using this time to really be productive and the other half just can’t get motivated to do anything. Where do you fall?

I have a lot more garbage these days for some reason.  

No new episodes of AMERICAN IDOL. Okay, now this has gotten real.

I know people are passing the time on Facebook asking fun survey questions and that's great, but I hate when they end with "GO!"  As if I'm required and ordered to play.  When I see that, my response is to call out two more words that follow "go" and the second one is "yourself." 

Stay home. Social distance. Wear masks. Ignore Trump. Save lives, maybe even your own.

Coco Puffs???

from By Ken Levine

Comments