The CHEERS Zoom reading (a.k.a. Weekend Post)

Jason Benetti, the terrific TV voice of the Chicago White Sox and I put together a Zoom reading of a CHEERS script my partner, David Isaacs and I wrote called "The Big Kiss-Off."   We thought it would be fun to have sportscaster colleagues play the various roles.  With one exception:  George Wendt graciously agreed to play Norm.  So here it is. 

Plus, this is the full version of the script.  Some lines and bits had to be cut for time once the episode was filmed.  So you're hearing them for the first time.

This is the amazing cast:

Chip Caray of the Atlanta Braves plays Sam.
Alanna Rizzo of the Los Angeles Dodgers plays Rebecca
Suzyn Waldman of the New York Yankees plays Carla.
Jason Benetti of the Chicago White Sox & ESPN plays Frasier
Mark Grant of the San Diego Padres plays Woody
Dave Flemming of the San Francisco Giants & ESPN plays Cliff.
Beth Mowins of CBS & ESPN plays guest star Caroline
Dan Hoard of the Cincinnati Bengals plays guest star Larry
Steve Physioc of the Kansas City Royals reads the stage directions.
And I play "Man Who Said Sinatra."  *

* Hey, it's my script - I might as well give myself the starring role. 

My thanks to all these incredibly talented people.  Hope you have as much fun watching it as we had making it. 

Cheers and stay safe. 



from By Ken Levine

Comments