Funny ladies

Here’s a FQ from Kendall Rivers that became an entire post.

I have quite a list of favorite comic actresses who also happen to be gorgeous proving that there are quite a bit of funny women who are beautiful though it's not always easy to find them from what I read or heard from various showrunners of sitcoms. Who are some of your favorite comic actresses tv or film?

I don’t know why they have to be beautiful.  And to me, when a woman actress is funny she is beautiful. 

So I’m going to just list a bunch, knowing full well I’m inadvertently leaving some out.  So don’t hate me if I overlooked your favorite.  However, there are also names left out on purpose… like Mindy Kaling (who I don’t find funny for a second). 

But among the ones I dofind funny (in no particular order) …

Lucille Ball
Shelley Long
Audrey Meadows
Barbara Stanwyck
Carole Lombard
Kate Hepburn
Wanda Sykes
Eden Sher
Elizabeth Banks (when she’s not hosting game shows)
Rosalind Russell
Eve Arden
Carol Burnett
Betty White
Bea Arthur
Georgia Engels
Rita Moreno
Mary Tyler Moore
Suzanne Pleshette
Marion Lorne
Laurie Metcalf
Marla Gibbs
Alison Janey
Doris Roberts
Diane Keaton
Tracey Ullman
Bette Midler
Madeline Kahn
Lizzy Caplin
Whoopi Goldberg
Patricia Heaton
Isabel Sanford
Zara Cully
Peri Gilpin
Judy Holliday
Jane Lynch
Gracie Allen
Elizabeth Montgomery
Leah Remini
Nancy Travis
Lisa Edelstein
Jane Kaczmerek
Leslie Jones
Melissa McCarthy
Kate McKinnon
Tina Fey
Sheryl Lee Ralph
Gilda Radner
Catherine O’Hara
Andrea Martin
Kim Fields
Jean Stapleton
Charlotte Rae
Rhea Perlman
Lisa Kudrow
Julie Kavner
Valerie Harper
Cloris Leachman
Amy Poehler
Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Margaret Dumont
Kristen Bell
Constance Wu (although not a fan)
Ellie Kemper
Sarah Silverman
Jane Krakowski
Parker Posey
America Ferrera
Julie Bowen
Esther Rolle
Imogene Coca
Lily Tomlin
Isabel Sanford
Laura Linney
Frances McDormand
Joan Cusack
Jan Hooks
Cecily Strong
Rachel Dratch
And the ones I overlooked


from By Ken Levine

Comments