Weekend Post

After months of rumors, it was finally announced that FRASIER will indeed return.  Its new home will be Paramount +.  A lot of you have asked whether I'll be involved.  The honest answer is I have no idea.  The writers/showrunners will be Chris Harris and Joe Cristalli.  They both have good credits.  But I've never met either of them.  So I have no idea what their plans are, what the premise is, how many of the original cast members will be back (if any), how many episodes they'll be making, or whether they plan to reach out to former FRASIER writers or just staff it with new people.  

I do know that Kelsey & Alec Baldwin are committed to do a series for ABC next fall that FRASIER veteran, Chris Lloyd will oversee.  So the FRASIER reboot may not happen for awhile.   

All that said, whatever Harris & Cristalli do, I'm thrilled that FRASIER is returning and wish them along with everybody associated with it the very best of luck.  We need a smart sophisticated comedy.  There's a large audience for that that is currently not being served. My hope is it revitalizes the form and more follow.  Keep the flame burning.  

And you know Frasier Crane couldn't just fly off and live happily ever after.  Not in this current world.  I'm sure there will be no shortage of things to frustrate him.  And right there is a great start. 



from By Ken Levine

Comments