Misc. Takes

Haven't done this in awhile.  In no order of importance...

So Whoopi Goldberg was suspended for two weeks from THE VIEW.  Why wasn’t she fired?  

Forget Super Bowl tickets.  You’ll have to mortgage your house just to pay for parking.  Hey, it’s on TV.

I never knew Howard Hesseman but everyone who did loved him.  In the early ‘70s I used to watch him perform in an amazing improv group called The Committee.  They performed at the old Tiffany Theatre (now defunct) on the Sunset Strip.  Other cast members included Gary Goodrow, Valerie Curtain, Paul Willson, Peter Bonerz, Richard Stahl, Carl Gottlieb and a few others.  I used to take dates there and get a drink at Dino’s (Dean Martin’s club -- now defunct... as are my relationships with all those dates).

The Bengals should wear a patch to commemorate Hesseman.  After all, he was Dr. Johnny Fever on WKRP in Cincinnati.  

Does anybody even remember there’s a baseball lockout?   A couple of years ago during the start of the pandemic the players and owners couldn’t come to an agreement on how to structure the season.  And they were on the same side.  Good luck with this labor stalemate.  We might see MLB baseball again in 2034.  

Note to my podcast listeners: There's been a technical issue this past week getting it placed on Spotify, Google, iHeart, etc. They're working on it and hope to have it resolved this week.  You can always listen by clicking on the big gold arrow above. 

I've been watching the Bill Cosby documentary on SHOWTIME. He’s a loathsome hideous monster, and what a horrible world we live in that there are at least five people I hate more.  Oh wait, I forgot Joe Rogan.

THE TENDER BAR is a sweet little movie.  And thankfully never gets too sweet.  Kudos to director George Clooney and actor Ben Affleck.  Both still have careers after playing Batman.  

I’m glad that Mayim Bialik is back hosting JEOPARDY.  And my favorite segment is when she interviews the contestants.  They’re supposed to share the single most interesting thing about themselves.  A recent example: “I fell off a bike in two States.”  

Oh wait — the Winter Olympics are this year, right?  

Just knowing that Rachel Maddow is taking a hiatus — I miss her already.  

How typical Hollywood is this?  Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen signs with CAA.  Maybe they can get her to host THAT’S MY JAM.  

Big excitement today.  Will we have six more months of winter (it used to be six weeks but now with climate change)?  And the Washington football team is going to announce its new name.  Oh boy.  A breathless nation has waited too long.  I pushed for the Washington Irvings.  I think I’ve got a shot.  

And finally, I continue to post cartoons on my Instagram page.  Follow me at Hollywood and Levine. 



from By Ken Levine

Comments