Weekend Post

 My thanks to the Film Freaks Forever podcast with Mark Legan & Phoef Sutton for turning me on to this gem.  Here's an MGM movie from 1967 that I had never heard of -- THE FASTEST GUITAR ALIVE.  It stars Roy Orbison.  Now for those unfamiliar, Roy Orbison was a huge singing star in the '60s.  Hits like OH PRETTY WOMAN, CRYIN', IN DREAMS, ONLY THE LONELY, RUNNING SCARED, BLUE BAYOU to name just a few.  He had a truly amazing spectacular voice.  

But he was not an actor.  Not even a great showman when he performed.  Usually he wore sunglasses.  I'm a little disappointed he didn't wear shades in this old time Western.   

Anyway, the premise is that he had a guitar that was also a rifle.  Anytime he played an A chord someone died.  

Here is the trailer.  It makes those cheesy Elvis movies look like CITIZEN KANE.  I see it's on Amazon Prime.  I gotta see the whole thing.

Shockingly, there were no sequels.  

WARNING: Politically incorrect... actually incorrect on all levels other than cheese.  Enjoy.  





from By Ken Levine

Comments