We've Only Just Begun ... to appreciate the Carpenters

If you wanted to be considered uncool in the '80s, '90s, and '00s confess that you were a Carpenters fan.  They were white bread, they were vanilla, elevator music, pop crap, etc.   Fortunately, I have always been uncool so there was no lowering of my stature whenever I announced that I love Karen Carpenter's voice and didn't care who knew it?   She was an extraordinary singer. 

It only took about 40 years but people who are just discovering them are coming over to my side.  Karen is starting to get the recognition she deserves and should have had all along.  Recently, I discovered this YouTube video of today's generation hearing her for the first time.  I love their reactions.  You will too.  

Karen Carpenter rocks!  





from By Ken Levine

Comments