Weekend Post -- Farrah Forke

So sorry to hear of the passing of Farrah Forke.  She was in 35 episodes of WINGS when I was consulting.  Always pleasant, always professional, always delivered.  An absolute pleasure.  

I didn’t know her that well.  But do have one Farrah Forke story.  

After she left WINGS she had a recurring part on LOIS & CLARK.  I would watch that show with my kids.  Annie was about 8 or 9.  In one episode they kill off Farrah’s character — a car bomb I believe.  It seemed uncharacteristically harsh and violent for a show that billed itself as a comic book/romantic comedy.  

Anyway, Annie was very very upset.  So much so that I called Farrah and asked her to speak to my daughter.  She did.  She got on the phone and was super nice and consoling, assuring Annie that she was fine and it was only make believe.  I’m sure that on an intellectual level Annie knew that it was not real, but actually hearing Farrah’s voice reassured her considerably.  

And that was Farrah.  Always happy to help.

She had moved to Texas to raise her twins, which is why you haven’t seen her lately.  I always thought she had the look and presence that would allow her to age gracefully and keep getting good parts.  One day she would come back and Hollywood would welcome her with open arms.  54 is way too young.  And she was just so talented.  And nice.  

Now I’m the one upset.  Oh, how I wish that phone would ring. 


from By Ken Levine

Comments