Friday Questions

Friday Questions… as we begin this new month.

Tina Delgado is up first.

How do you and David Isaacs write together?  What is your process?

We had a hot tub installed in our office.  We would get into the hot tub and dictate the script to a writing assistant who was also in the tub.  Sometimes we would get stuck on a line and to jump start our brains we would turn the heat up to 115 degrees.  We both found that when we were on the border of hallucination that’s when we did our best work.  

From Don Rivert:

Has an actor ever made a suggestion on one of your scripts that you realized was good and better than what you had?  

Well, you’re talking a 40 year career.  That’s a lot of scripts and a lot of actors.  But no.  Never.  What we wrote was gold.  Always. Why the TV Academy doesn’t have a night honoring AfterMASH I will never know.  

Sitar the Pirate queries:

What shows do you wish you had written on?

SHE’S THE SHERIFF, MEN BEHAVING BADLY, HELLO LARRY, COP ROCK, MANIMAL, SANFORD ARMS, MAN WITH A PLAN, GIRLS, 2 BROKE GIRLS, SMASH, MY SUPER SWEET 16, CAVEMEN, REAL ROB, THE COOL KIDS, HAPPY TOGETHER, and of course DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER.  

And finally, from 5515Melrose:


When you announce baseball, do you prefer TV or radio?

I greatly prefer radio because I don’t have to be accurate.  I can say pretty much anything.  And this is good because I can’t see past the pitcher’s mound.  So I call what I think might be happening, or, in some cases, what I hope might be happening.  On television they can see that the second baseman caught the ball that I just called a home run.  Radio all the way!  

What’s your Friday Question?   Note:  As you know, when I can't think of an appropriate photo I feature one of Natalie Wood. 


from By Ken Levine

Comments