Friday Questions

Friday Questions coming at ya, Pilgrim.

Freida starts this week.

Which scenario would you prefer? A great show with a dream cast but one which doesn’t pay as much, or a great payday on a mediocre show?

How great a payday?  If it’s LeBron James money then I’ll tough it out and have enough “fuck you” money to do any damn thing I want.

But realistically, I would cheerfully sacrifice some income to do a show I was proud of with a dream cast.  Those are rare precious opportunities.  

But again, are we talking Tom Brady money?

From Mighty Hal:

I was unexpectedly introduced to an artist I admire. This came out of nowhere (I had no idea the artist was in my country, much less visiting my hometown), and my mind went completely blank. I couldn't think of anything to say until much later, when my opportunity was long gone. Has something similar ever happened to you?

Yes.  One time.  With John Wayne.

David Isaacs and I had a meeting at Warner Brothers.  We arrived early (the one day in 15 years the traffic wasn’t bad) so took the opportunity to just walk around the lot.

On one of the soundstages they were filming the movie THE SHOOTIST.  As we strolled by, there was John Wayne, in full costume, standing above us on the stage landing, smoking a cigarette.  So he was about 10 feet tall.

He saw us and said, “How’s it goin’, boys?”  We were both completely tongue-tied.  I think I managed to stammer out “Fine, Duke.”  

Other than that, no… although I never was introduced to Natalie Wood.

Anonymous asks:

Penny on BIG BANG said she did a performance of ANNE FRANK on a stage over a bowling alley. Did you and David have any similar experiences?

Yes, I’m sure over the same bowling alley.  On Ventura where Jerry’s Deli used to be.  We had some one acts performed there.

Also, we did a night of one acts over a pizza parlor at 5th & Western in downtown Los Angeles.

Happy to say my full-length plays have all been performed at ground level.  

And finally, from Michael:

I think you have alluded to this before, but do you think you would have pursued your baseball announcing career if you had a better experience working on MARY, even if it was still cancelled after 1 year.

No, I would say it was more of a midlife crisis thing.  It was also the first time in years I was not working full-time on a show and was able to pursue my dream.  

And I figured, if I didn’t go for it then I never would.  

What’s your Friday Question?


from By Ken Levine

Comments